Sold out! Giraffe
03.06.20 – 07.06.20
About the film
A tunnel will be built to connect Denmark and Germany, the present sets in motion towards the future, change hangs in the air. Dara, an ethnologist, arrives to document the houses tagged for demolition. The young Pole, Lucek, and his colleagues prepare the future construction site. Käthe works on the ferry, steadily moving people, their stories, and goods to and fro. Birte and Leif leave their house that has been passed down for generations. Agnes’ life resounds in her diaries, collectibles and the walls of her home, which will soon be demolished. A Danish summer: long days turn into blue nights. People meet and part ways again.
About the director
Born in Nakskov, Denmark. Anna Sofie Hartmann studied directing at the German Film and Television Academy Berlin (dffb). Her graduation film Limbo premiered in 2014 at the San Sebastián International Film Festival and was invited to numerous festivals, including Rotterdam, South by South West (SXSW) and Copenhagen PIX, where it received high praise and was subsequently nominated for the European Film Academy’s Discovery Award 2015. Giraffe (2019) is her second feature film.
We are looking forward to be welcoming the audience back into the cinema. We follow the authorities' guidelines and ask visitors to be considerate of one another:
- Kunstnernes Hus' cinema is open Wednesdays and Sundays. We open 30 minutes before each viewing.
- Maximum 27 people per screening.
- We have increased our cleaning routines in the public areas and ask everyone to use hand sanitizer at regular intervals.
- The ticket purchase at this time only happens online. Due to higher costs related to cleaning and staffing, we ask for your understanding that we had to increase the regular ticket price to 150,-. The price for members, students and artists remains at 90,-. If you would like to support Kunstnernes Hus Cinema in these times, you have the opportunity to buy a 'støttebillet' for 200,-.
by Frelle Petersen
- Wednesday 12.08.20 - kl 18:00
- Sunday 16.08.20 - kl 18:00
A performance by Bjørn Erik Haugen
- Friday 14.08.20 - kl 18:00
- Saturday 15.08.20 - kl 18:00
by Bertrand Bonello
- Wednesday 19.08.20 - kl 18:00
- Sunday 23.08.20 - kl 18:00
- Wednesday 09.09.20 - kl 18:00